Business and climate change
Climate change is one of the major global challenges of our time. A massive effort is urgently required to reduce the greenhouse-gas emissions contributing to climate change. The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) recognises that the majority of the global finance needed to respond to climate change will likely come from private investment sources. Private investment will thus play a crucial role in the transition to a low-carbon economy in which climate change risks are no longer treated as external costs.
Indufor provides technical expertise on climate change innovation that enables businesses to become profitable, low-carbon operations with secured private financing. We are committed to helping businesses identify, quantify and manage climate change risks by providing services for carbon footprint analysis, climate change reporting and disclosure, and emissions verification.
Indufor also provides services to help businesses design their own climate change strategy, by analysing carbon opportunities and threats for individual companies and identifying how companies can act ahead of regulatory frameworks. Companies can then begin addressing climate change-related risks before being compelled to do so by mandatory legislation.
- Carbon footprint
- Development of emissions reduction projects
- Sustainable forest management (SFM)
- Reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD)
- Afforestation and reforestation (A/R)
- Carbon market analysis
- Advice on project financing
- Identification of carbon credit buyers
- Corporate strategy for carbon sinks
- Carbon footprint analysis and climate change reporting
- Social and environmental risk management