Capacity building and training
Indufor improves organisational capacities and gives tailored training to personnel in forest organisations (public administration, associations, NGOs, private companies and other entities) applying the following approaches:
- Developing specific training projects on substance matters over the forest value chain
- Planning and implementing training activities in long-term development projects focusing on technical advice and transfer of technologies, policy development and stakeholder engagement
- Training and coaching of management
- Lecturing and facilitation in international/national meetings and seminars
- Organisation of workshops and seminars
Indufor organises training sessions on up-to-date issues on forest policy, responsible management of natural resources and timber industries. Also project management and financing are included in the training services.
All training programs are tailored to the specific needs of the client and adapted to the experience and learning objectives of the target groups. Indufor provides training on:
- forest management planning and organisation and related expertise areas
- forest policy and institutional development
- stakeholder engagement and participatory planning
- project management
- good governance
- certification and auditing procedures
- project accounting
Indufor’s long-term projects include capacity building and training in substance matters as well as in general issues such as participatory planning methods, project management, good governance and project accounting. The purpose of these projects is to provide technical assistance and transfer of technologies for local organisations.
Indufor applies participatory methods in policy processes and resource planning using current and modern interactive learning methods. The development of a training programme together with the partner institution is based on analyses on the skill gaps assessment.
Indufor prepares training materials in local languages when possible. In addition, the Helsinki headquarter based staff can produce materials at least in Finnish, English, Spanish, French, Portuguese and Russian.
- Training courses for personnel and stakeholders at different levels (local, national, regional)
- Management and leadership training
- On-the-job training